Saturday, June 23, 2012

Yawns

Harper has become the yawn police.  I tend to yawn a lot when I'm reading her stories.  Because it's 11 o'clock at night and I want to go to sleep.  Because I don't breathe properly when I'm reading out loud so my body tries to compensate.  Because when I'm reading to her I try to read through the yawns and I'm also hold a book and usually have one arm wrapped around her, so I don't cover my mouth.


Lately she has been telling me every time that I yawn to cover my mouth.  I'm getting a little irritated.  OKAY, I know it's the polite thing to do, but do you have to tell me every time?  This results in her telling me about every minute to cover my mouth and I'm just trying to finish this book so we can read the next ten or so she has picked out for the night before we go to sleep.


Fortunately, she is currently sleeping on the couch.  This means no stories tonight.  Which means no three year old telling me to cover my mouth while I yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment