Sunday, July 15, 2012

My vacation

Harper and Ryden survived an entire week without me, I survived too.  I had a little too much fun in California and I'm still tired even though the week with Grandma and Grandpa somehow got Ryden to sleep much better at night (I say somehow because when I called after the first night I was informed that he slept in bed with them)  Calling was another issue all together since I forgot my phone, thanks to everyone who let me borrow their phone to call home.

Ryden got pumped milk at bedtime and was just fine.  I, on the other hand, didn't fair quite as fantastically.  Sunday was the drive from Avoca to Lawrence and then the flight to Sacramento.  I managed to get a clogged duct and couldn't get it resolved.  As the days went on it got worse and worse.  I spent most of Tuesday uncomfortable and stressing out about getting mastitis in California.  Thankfully, Tuesday night it cleared out and the rest of the trip was just annoying pumping.  I think I'm almost done with pumping . . .

Harper's best quote that I missed:  After searching for and finding a toy that Ryden had relocated, Harper said 'We solved that mystery!'

I got back late Thursday night and drove up early Friday morning to see them.  Then we went to the fair on Friday.  Both of the kids LOVED the animals and Harper had so much fun watching the hog show and the horse show.  I stayed in Avoca two more days (after being there five days and in California for 5 days)  I'm really glad to be home.

Now to get ready for a garage sale Saturday and pack to move in almost two weeks.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment