Tuesday, May 28, 2013

C25K

So a long time ago I decided that I wanted to be able to run a 5K in the fall.  When I say run I mean run, not do and walk it.  I hadn't done anything about it though. 

Then I told Nate that this was my goal.  What he said was 'there's an app for that' - couch to 5K.

So I got the app.  I was on my phone for awhile while I worked up the motivation to actually start it :)

I did Week 1 Day 1 (5 minute warm-up, 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking - repeat 8 times, 5 minutes cool-down) on April 21.  I didn't make it.   I only did like the first 3 repetitions.
,
Today I did Week 5 Day 1 (5 minute warm-up, three 5 minute runs with 3 minutes of walking between, 5 minute cool-down).  I'm not going to lie, I didn't make it :)  I was running up a HUGE hill though at the end of the last 5 minutes.  No joke I ran up the hill for 1 minute and 10 seconds and was only half way up.  So I stopped with 20 seconds left in that run.  Doesn't matter though because it is a huge improvement from where I started and if I hadn't tried to run up that dang hill I would have made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment