Monday, February 20, 2012

"He's still kuping"

The kids and I spent our 4 day weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Saturday night, I went to investigate a baby noise and heard Ryden vomiting.  When I entered the room he was crawling around in a vomit covered bed, in vomit covered pajamas, with vomit soaked hair . . . still vomiting.  Babies should not be allowed to get sick.  I don't know what age children should be able to get sick, but they need to understand that if they're vomiting a bowl or toilet or some type of container is the way to go.


After he got a bath and new pajamas, he continued to vomit until he fell asleep.  Harper was all concerned, mainly that I couldn't hold her because I was busy taking care of Ryden.  "He's still kuping" - close but not quite - puking is the word you're looking for.  


We hung out in the living room for awhile while Ryden slept, I sort of slept and Harper watched TV.  Being the smart mommy that I am, I decided to nurse him when he woke up.  Fifteen minutes later he was throwing up milk.  3 AM rolls around and he wakes up again.  I was NOT going to risk feeding the kid anything, but he was pretty persistent and ended up getting what he wanted and how much he wanted (my plan was to let him nurse a little).  He knew he could handle it though because we were good after that.



Everyone survived Ryden's first flu/food/whatever it was.  Thanks to Grandma for helping clean up all the vomit mess.  Hopefully no one will be 'kuping' for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment