Sunday, March 18, 2012

A walk


After a super lazy day, I decided I wanted to go on a walk tonight.  So, we ate supper, took baths, I put Ryden to bed and me and Harper went out for a walk.  I wanted it to be a 'for fitness' walk so I was going at a pretty good pace but I was NOT prepared.  I have lost 30 pounds, but I have done nothing to earn it and I am feeling it.


Anyway . . . the walk ended up being 3.2 miles (I came home and checked it out on mapmyrun.com) We had to drop a Redbox off at Hy-Vee when we started and the just continued the walk from there.  Harper was confused about where we were going because we haven't gone on a walk just to go on a walk for a long time.  Since she's been able to play at a park most of our walks are to the park.  So as we're walking she was trying to figure out what was happening.
Where are we going?
On a walk.
But where?
Just around.
To the park?
No, we're not going to the park, just on a walk.
We're not going home though, home is back there.
I don't know that she ever figured out what was going on because she fell asleep around the halfway point.  I think that this may become part of our nightly routine.  Maybe not so long when I've been at school all day and have school the next day, but some sort of walk.


I also ate a bowl of ice cream as a sat here.  I think that might cancel out the walk, but a walk and ice cream is better than no walk and ice cream. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment